COMPANY BACKGROUND / CULTURE
Nuritas is revolutionizing the discovery of novel, natural and scientifically proven bioactive ingredients that enable their partners to create better or new product solutions for their customers. The company’s disruptive computational approach to discovery uses artificial intelligence, deep learning, and genomics to rapidly and efficiently predict and then unlock the most health-benefiting components hidden within plants and natural food sources, called peptides. Nuritas has established the world’s largest peptide knowledge base. Through its discoveries, Nuritas wants to firstly manage and improve human health and secondly help make our food system more sustainable by replacing current unwanted ingredients and molecules with more natural and sustainable ones.
Since its founding in 2014, Nuritas has developed proprietary AI and DNA analysis to enhance the accurate analysis of molecules and peptides in food. The new technology is significantly faster with unparalleled accuracy compared to traditional methods of discovery. Founded by research scientist Dr. Nora Khaldi, Nuritas has received significant backing to develop its technology.
Nuritas has built and grown a unique discovery platform N𝛑𝛟™ (Nuritas Peptide Finder). The N𝛑𝛟™ artificial intelligence platform with wet lab has been shaped and trained on years of proprietary experimental data as well as curated structured and unstructured data allowing it to predict novel peptides with targeted efficacy. Beyond efficacy, N𝛑𝛟™ can also predict with huge accuracy the chemical and physical characteristics of peptides needed to have clinical and commercial viability, such as cell penetration or bioavailability.
Nπϕ has attracted high-profile partnerships and customers, including Nestle, Mars, Sumitomo Corporation and Pharmavite. Nuritas’ science-proven bioactive peptides are unlocked from plants and natural food sources, with applications across functional foods, supplements, medical food, cosmetics and food technology.
Separately, the beating heart of Nuritas is their incredibly passionate team. Nuritas have an international team comprising over 16 different nationalities with offices in Dublin and Connecticut. They are also very proud of their gender balance with 50% women and men across the team. The Nuritas Data Scientists, Biologists, AI Engineers, Chemists, Commercial and Operations teams bring innovation, passion and flexibility to their work every day. With an extremely strong team, advisory board, investors and collaborations, the Nuritas mission is to unlock the benefits of nature and improve the lives of billions.
BACKGROUND TO THE APPOINTMENT
Nuritas wishes to now appoint a Head of QHSE to deliver on our Manufacturing and Supply Chain Strategy and support our commercial growth, globally. In this role, the appointee will play a pivotal role as part of the Manufacturing and Supply Chain team in implementing a best-in-class QHSE function.
Job description of Head Of QHSE
The Head of QHSE is a global role responsible for leading the QHSE function within the Manufacturing and Supply Chain team to support the achievement of its long-term goals and objectives by having results focus mentality. This role involves a variety of tasks, including designing and implementing a QHSE structure, identifying and addressing capability gaps and coordinating with other departments such as R&D, Finance and Manufacturing and Supply Chain. The Head of QHSE must have excellent organizational and communication skills, be able to multitask effectively, and possess a strong attention to detail. This role will require travel and occasional work outside of regular business hours.
Duties and Responsibilities:
· Leads, develops, and executes on the QHSE strategy for the business and defining QHSE objectives in line with this strategy.
· Implementation and Management of HSE & Quality Management Systems in accordance with current legislation and prescribed standards
· Lead and manage the operational performance of the QHSE function ensuring the successful delivery of business objectives and key results.
· Developing, implementing HSE policies and procedures
· Monitoring company operations to ensure that they comply with local government regulations such as HSA, OSHA or EPA standards.
· Providing guidance to staff on safety practices in the workplace including occupational safety and health issues
· Establishing safety policies and procedures for employees to follow in order to minimize risks in the workplace.
· Quality responsibility for the logistics process including shipment, storage, reconciliation
· Ensuring that all safety equipment is in good working order and available for use in case of emergency.
· In partnership with the relevant departments, design and implement programs to train employees on proper safety techniques and procedures.
· Co-ordination and Management of all regulatory, customer and 3rd party audits and inspections
· Management of supplier and product approval protocol ensuring all suppliers approved with specifications in place pre-purchase
· Facilitate review and approval of change control and deviation records.
· Support all Validation and Qualification activities at TPM’s and 3PL’s
· Management of finished product quality and food safety ensuring specifications in place pre-launch
· Maintaining FSQ KPI’s for the business to demonstrate measurable improvements, ensuring corrective and preventative measures taken when deviations noted.
· Follow through on FSQ operational issues, customer complaints, food safety incidents and supplier non-conformances with corrective action and preventative measures.
· Manage incoming material inspection and release.
· Work collaboratively with TPM’s and 3 PL’s to continue to improve hygiene, cleaning, and good manufacturing practices.
· Maintain competent authority authorisations, including submission of variations.
· Preparation and review of HSE and Quality Performance Indicators.
· Communicate routinely with key stakeholders all aspects of HSE and quality activities.
· Ensure all Quality Assurance activities support routine production.
· Complete validation and qualification activities as required, providing expert guidance.
· Manage the internal audit schedule and vendor management.
· Maintain an awareness of new and proposed legislation that impacts the business, communicating any changes to ELT in a timely manner.
· Carry out Quality Assurance review of both batch documents and Quality Control/Microbiological data to support batch release.
· Continuously review and improve the process for batch release.
· Ensure batch release is within the service level agreement.
· Lead and conduct internal & external audits across all TPM’s/3PL’s and its suppliers.
· Maintain an awareness of new and proposed regulations.
Requirements for this job include:
· Bachelor's Degree in a technical discipline to include Science, Quality or Engineering. Master's degree a plus.
· Minimum 12+ years’ experience in a QHSE role, with at least 5 years in process-based manufacturing for the food and/or pharmaceutical industry preferable in a Third-Party Manufacturing and 3PL environment
· Proven track record of developing and implementing successful QHSE programs
· Proven general leadership and quality management experience which includes quality execution, analysis and deadline driven and ESG.
· Excellent computer skills, experience with MS Office, ERP systems, Statistical software etc.
· Ability to interface with and effectively communicate with a broad range of customers, cross functional teams, as well as executive management.
· Have strong self-motivation, the ability to work independently, and within a team environment with strong follow up, organization and prioritization skills and excellent attention.
· Must be able to work in a fast-paced environment.
· Excellent Working knowledge of ISO 9001, 14001, and 45001 standards
· Excellent communication, presentation, and interpersonal skills
· Flexibility, quick learner, problem solver, good communication and good organisational skills
· Substantial prior experience of forming effective relationships at all levels, must be able to work closely with all functions to ensure alignment with company goals.