COMPANY BACKGROUND / CULTURE
Nuritas is revolutionizing the discovery of novel, natural and scientifically proven bioactive ingredients that enable their partners to create better or new product solutions for their customers. The company’s disruptive computational approach to discovery uses artificial intelligence, deep learning, and genomics to rapidly and efficiently predict and then unlock the most health-benefiting components hidden within plants and natural food sources, called peptides. Nuritas has established the world’s largest peptide knowledge base. Through its discoveries, Nuritas wants to firstly manage and improve human health and secondly help make our food system more sustainable by replacing current unwanted ingredients and molecules with more natural and sustainable ones.
Since its founding in 2014, Nuritas has developed proprietary AI and DNA analysis to enhance the accurate analysis of molecules and peptides in food. The new technology is significantly faster with unparalleled accuracy compared to traditional methods of discovery. Founded by research scientist Dr. Nora Khaldi, Nuritas has received significant backing to develop its technology.
Nuritas has built and grown a unique discovery platform N𝛑𝛟™ (Nuritas Peptide Finder). The N𝛑𝛟™ artificial intelligence platform with wet lab has been shaped and trained on years of proprietary experimental data as well as curated structured and unstructured data allowing it to predict novel peptides with targeted efficacy. Beyond efficacy, N𝛑𝛟™ can also predict with huge accuracy the chemical and physical characteristics of peptides needed to have clinical and commercial viability, such as cell penetration or bioavailability.
Nπϕ has attracted high-profile partnerships and customers, including Nestle, Mars, Sumitomo Corporation and Pharmavite. Nuritas’ science-proven bioactive peptides are unlocked from plants and natural food sources, with applications across functional foods, supplements, medical food, cosmetics and food technology.
Separately, the beating heart of Nuritas is their incredibly passionate team. Nuritas have an international team comprising over 16 different nationalities with offices in Dublin and Connecticut. They are also very proud of their gender balance with 50% women and men across the team. The Nuritas Data Scientists, Biologists, AI Engineers, Chemists, Commercial and Operations teams bring innovation, passion and flexibility to their work every day. With an extremely strong team, advisory board, investors and collaborations, the Nuritas mission is to unlock the benefits of nature and improve the lives of billions.
BACKGROUND TO THE APPOINTMENT
As the Business Director of Ingredients Food and Beverage, you’ll be responsible for the commercial growth of the food ingredient business. In this role, you’ll exemplify the leadership and communication skills that drive lasting relationships and top business results. You bring solutions and a resilience with a can-do attitude to make impact and drive the value we seek. You will have the opportunity to work cross-functionally across all Nuritas products, facilitating your ability to drive food and beverage category strategy and planning with our customers. Moreover, you will drive the implementation of our sales strategies, product development and technical solutions to achieve revenue targets and expand our market presence in the USA.
Job description of Business Development Director, Ingredient Food and Beverage
The Director is responsible for leading the development of all Nuritas Sales Strategy and Planning in this category: Specifically.
· Develop relationships with major brands to integrate our ingredients within popular everyday brands.
· Develop and execute comprehensive monthly sales plans and targets aligned with the company's overall business objectives and ensure they are delivered.
· Deliver new business revenue opportunities within existing and new propose accounts so that YoY growth happens.
· Cultivate and maintain strong relationships with existing and potential clients in the region.
· Work with Manufacturing, Process Engineering, Research & Development and Product Development for customer technical solutions and innovation with our ingredients and product concepts.
· Participate in industry events, trade shows, and conferences to promote the company's offerings and expand the customer base.
· Implement efficient sales processes and ensure adherence to company policies and procedures.
· Analyze market trends, customer needs, and the competitive landscape to identify new business opportunities.
· Influences customers through compelling category strategies and insights.
· Collaborates with other sales teams’ members on key customer insights and opportunities.
Other Key Requirements:
Bachelor’s degree – MBA desirable.
Strong oral and written skills.
Knowledge of CRM Systems
A minimum of 15 years progressive experience in category development in the food ingredient sector with five years in a leadership role.
In-depth knowledge of a broad range of products, ingredients, and processing methods.
Experience in the premium health ingredient space
Extensive travel (50%) to customer sites is crucial.
Additional Language skills, but not a requirement
Experience in R&D or PD is beneficial.
Extensive customer relationships in the Food & Beverage End Use market – you will need to bring a significant list of contacts with you to this role.