COMPANY BACKGROUND / CULTURE
Nuritas is revolutionizing the discovery of novel, natural and scientifically proven bioactive ingredients that enable their partners to create better or new product solutions for their customers. The company’s disruptive computational approach to discovery uses artificial intelligence, deep learning, and genomics to rapidly and efficiently predict and then unlock the most health-benefiting components hidden within plants and natural food sources, called peptides. Nuritas has established the world’s largest peptide knowledge base. Through its discoveries, Nuritas wants to firstly manage and improve human health and secondly help make our food system more sustainable by replacing current unwanted ingredients and molecules with more natural and sustainable ones.
Since its founding in 2014, Nuritas has developed proprietary AI and DNA analysis to enhance the accurate analysis of molecules and peptides in food. The new technology is significantly faster with unparalleled accuracy compared to traditional methods of discovery. Founded by research scientist Dr. Nora Khaldi, Nuritas has received significant backing to develop its technology.
Nuritas has built and grown a unique discovery platform N𝛑𝛟™ (Nuritas Peptide Finder). The N𝛑𝛟™ artificial intelligence platform with wet lab has been shaped and trained on years of proprietary experimental data as well as curated structured and unstructured data allowing it to predict novel peptides with targeted efficacy. Beyond efficacy, N𝛑𝛟™ can also predict with huge accuracy the chemical and physical characteristics of peptides needed to have clinical and commercial viability, such as cell penetration or bioavailability.
Nπϕ has attracted high-profile partnerships and customers, including Nestle, Mars, Sumitomo Corporation and Pharmavite. Nuritas’ science-proven bioactive peptides are unlocked from plants and natural food sources, with applications across functional foods, supplements, medical food, cosmetics and food technology.
Separately, the beating heart of Nuritas is their incredibly passionate team. Nuritas have an international team comprising over 16 different nationalities with offices in Dublin and Connecticut. They are also very proud of their gender balance with 50% women and men across the team. The Nuritas Data Scientists, Biologists, AI Engineers, Chemists, Commercial and Operations teams bring innovation, passion and flexibility to their work every day. With an extremely strong team, advisory board, investors and collaborations, the Nuritas mission is to unlock the benefits of nature and improve the lives of billions.
BACKGROUND TO THE APPOINTMENT
Nuritas wishes to now appoint a Director of Marketing to deliver on our commercial plan and growth, globally. In this role, the appointee will play a pivotal role as part of the commercial and marketing team in implementing a best-in-class Marketing function which includes pre and post enabling the growth and success of the business.
Job description of Director of Marketing
The Director of Marketing is responsible for leading the strategic positioning, creation, and definition of the products portfolio and communication in key business segments and specifically in our Peptistrong and Peptiyouth products. The individual will work with customers, KOL’s and internal stakeholders to develop the strategy that is incorporated into the development of new products. Crucially the role partners with sales to close more revenue, informs product teams to deliver better products, and in some cases, co-owns generation pipeline activities with the commercial teams. The role informs the full life cycle of the product, from the identification of a market opportunity to the marketing support of the customer launches.
This role will also work closely with Nuritas R&D, product development, and commercial teams, as well as outside marketing firms to execute product marketing projects which demonstrate the utility of peptides in our strategic end-use markets (functional food and beverages, vitamins and supplements, cosmetics and personal care). You will co-lead with the commercial teams the portfolio positioning, messaging, and executing on all aspects of our go-to-market strategy eventually taking ownership of product marketing function across the instrumentation portfolio. The successful candidate must have a background in related fields and the enthusiasm to work as a member of a multi-disciplinary team in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment. This is a phenomenal opportunity for growth as we launch, on a global scale our exciting products.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Develop strategic initiatives to improve lead generation and promotional activities on current and new products.
• Develop and provide marketing literature and competitive information to the sales force to increase sales effectiveness.
• Set meaningful objectives and metrics to manage and monitor the impact of marketing activities on business growth.
• Keep accurate and current intelligence on the marketing activities of competitors to effectively develop marketing strategies to keep our product awareness ahead of competitive products.
As the Director of Marketing, you will be responsible for;
• Marketing: Lead and develop Strategic Marketing strategies for selected products. This includes providing direction and leadership for the Marketing for biotechnology products including our current PeptiStrongTM and PeptiYouthTM.
• Develop a global growth strategy through effective marketing plans including effective Lead Generation strategies and initiatives to drive short- and long-term growth for the business. and develop objectives and metrics to monitor and measure impact on business.
• Develop strategies and initiatives to drive and improve traffic to our web product pages and develop objectives and metrics to monitor and measure impact on business.
• Collaborate with Product Management to develop overall messaging and positioning strategies and statements, technical specifications, and value proposition for existing and new products.
• Facilitate convergence of functional and technical knowledge to help guide/scope product requirements to ensure target solution is meeting customer requirements.
• Leadership: Must interact with customers, peers, co-workers and community with high ethics and business savvy as required. Ability to motivate by example and provide encouragement as a steward of the management team.
• Distributors & Subsidiary: In conjunction with Departmental Managers, coordinate marketing activities to increase sales in international and subsidiary markets.
• Travel: Requires moderate domestic and international travel to customer sites and various meetings to identify new markets and applications.
• Other: Proven management skills of human, financial, time and other resources. Strong organizational skills and ability of manage multiple projects. Enjoys and works well with other people in a team environment.
• Other Key Requirements:
- Undergraduate Degree in Marketing / Business Masters
- Strong interpersonal and presentation skills, along with the ability to communicate effectively with others at all levels of the organization.
- Must have a proven track record in launching products and growing awareness rapidly.
- Experience with formulating and executing marketing campaigns for product commercialization, launch, and product life cycle development.
- You will have a proven track record working heavily with different social media platforms as well as key journals, and other marketing channels, and can adapt rapidly to all, and identify best marketing channel for each product in each key market.
- You will also come with a network of good freelance writers, designers and other skill sets that are part of a successful outreach.
- Min 10 years working experience and ability to scale – personal and company – for growth. Strong BtoB and DtoC. experience is critical.
- Experience of operating in a global environment is critical – the company is looking for proven experience of successfully operating in multi-geographic businesses. Candidates must bring agility and entrepreneurial traits in-order to be successful in this role.
- He/She will be action-oriented, act as a business-minded commercial leader and be capable of taking decisions in a fast-moving, dynamically changing environment.