Sandbox is an established investment firm dedicated to driving lasting change in human livelihood by fostering innovation across healthcare, insurance, and sustainability. We incorporate the best of traditional and corporate investing firms. Approximately 90% of the capital we manage is from strategic limited partners – large industry incumbents who are eager to embrace the innovations and technologies disrupting their businesses through a market-based approach.
In line with our larger mission, Sandbox Industries has served as the exclusive provider of investment management services to the Blue Venture Funds for over a decade. The Blue Venture Fund is a unique collaboration between BCBS companies, BCBSA, and Sandbox to which thirty-five BCBS companies have committed over $850 million across four funds. The Blue Venture Fund invests in promising emerging companies of strategic relevance to Blue Cross and/or Blue Shield Plans and provides the portfolio with access to BCBS companies to deploy innovation at scale.
The Blue Venture Fund invests across three main healthcare verticals, including 1) healthcare services, 2) healthcare data, technology and operations, and 3) clinical innovation. Within clinical innovation, our team seeks to invest across diagnostics, medical devices, medical artificial intelligence and tools. Our clinical investments have included Thrive, Heartflow, Perspectum, and more.
Analyst / Associate / Vice President Position (Clinical)
The investment team is looking to add passionate and self-motivated people to assist with industry analysis, deal due diligence, financial modeling, portfolio management and relationship building for our clinical pipeline and portfolio companies. Our fund team operates in an open, thoughtful, and collaborative way. Fit with the culture and our team-based model is important.
• Sourcing: Originate deals and develop and leverage key industry relationships
• Due Diligence: Collaborate with fund team to conduct deal due diligence of growth and venture stage companies focused on clinical innovation
• Deal Process: Contribute to the execution and management of the deal process, including financial modelling and presenting to the Investment Committee
• Operations: Record all deal information for reporting and trend analysis
• Thesis Development: Research and report on industry trends and analysis
• Client Management: Help manage limited partner relationships
• Portfolio Company Development: Assist in portfolio company management
• Strong verbal and written communication and presentation skills
• Excellent financial modeling, valuation, and analytical skills
• Intellectual curiosity and ability to ask hard questions within complex domains, including comfort and familiarity with scientific technical due diligence
• High interpersonal and relationship-building skills
• Ability to prioritize and manage multiple initiatives in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment
• 1-2 relevant years of experience for Analyst level, 3-5 years of experience for Associate level, 6+ years of experience for VP level
• Demonstrated passion for healthcare, med tech, and diagnostics
• Investment or finance experience strongly preferred
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org to express interest.